Thursday, February 20, 2014

My Timeless Moment Photo Shoot

For my 30th birthday, I wanted to capture the woman I am and have a photo shoot that produced lots of pictures for me to look back on and show my future children and grandchildren. Plus, it was an excuse to get dressed up and have professional make-up done!

Keeping with my "timeless moment" theme, I wanted the photo shoot to be classic with an old Hollywood feel. I looked in my closet and remembered I had a flapper dress I got from Nordstrom Rack for a black-tie event I attended last spring. The dress reminds me of one of my favorite books and movies, "The Great Gatsby." Of course, this was to going to be one of the looks for the shoot! I purchased another dress from Akira on an impulse buy.

The photo shoot was an incredible experience and I'm  really happy I did it. From finding the looks I wanted for my makeup, to practicing my faces (I suck at being sexy and serious) and looking for the right accessories, I had so much fun. Usually, I'm behind-the-scenes and helping guide photo shoots and the subject, but it felt good to be in front of the lens this time. I enlarged my favorite looks. Let me know what you think of the pictures!

Photography: DGM Phototgraphy
Makeup: Kalana of By Faith Makeup Artistry
Hair: Alana of Avlon Industries.
Shoes (grey and black patent leather): BCBG
Shoes (red): Nina Shoes
Location: Renaissance Blackstone



Isn't this flapper dress timeless?

A nude lip +smokey eye + red polish= TIMELESS

This dress had the coolest cut on the hem.
The Renaissance Blackstone was the perfect location
for the timeless feel I wanted
This is my favorite picture because it captures my happiness and confidence.
Hey ya'll!
I think I may get this blown up and hung in my condo.
My attempt to be sexy. I wanted to laugh!
I loved my smokey eyes with my favorite color, purple.
I'm happy I purchased this dress! Thanks Akira!
Being silly
I love contemporary furniture and those shoes!
Mirror, mirror on the wall!
Channeling my inner Michelle Obama. She's my role model!
The timeless shot that I wanted. Love it!



























4 comments: